Home    Forum    Videos    Music    Gallery  

GW2 Classes
GW2 Classes
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
So from what I remember the Hall of Champions was owned by South Korea... beat their ass with pugs a couple of times, but usually they were waiting for you on top of the ladder.

Point being, that is fucking dead this time around. What classes do people plan on playing? I am thinking leave the heavy metal shit to Casca and Akad and going back to my traditional Necro/Elementalist type role... they descriptions seem a bit vague... any ideas here?
Play ALL THE CLASSES like me. And make sure you are mediocre on your main.
Quote by Jduff
So from what I remember the Hall of Champions was owned by South Korea... beat their ass with pugs a couple of times, but usually they were waiting for you on top of the ladder.

Point being, that is fucking dead this time around. What classes do people plan on playing? I am thinking leave the heavy metal shit to Casca and Akad and going back to my traditional Necro/Elementalist type role... they descriptions seem a bit vague... any ideas here?

Anything with a bald head, long beard, and giant two-handed weapon. If it can breathe fire, so much the better.

--
I'm going to play a thief. Already got my weapons and build set up lol. My best advice would be to read through the gw2 wiki on main mechanics of each class and what skills and traits they have available. Then from there watch pvp videos and try to see what the abilities do and such then from there decide which class appeals to you.

From what I have read into though, the necro is a very team oriented class at least if you go by what the abilities entail. You seem to be a conduit for damage taking conditions from your allies onto your self. One thing that I do not like from what I have read is a lot of its utility abilities are double edge (you dmg yourself and "this" occurs)

The elementalist seems to be just your basic demo lol. A lot of self saving abilities and stuff.

Anyway this all is just opinion based on 45 mins of game play and hours of theoretical research lol. Yeah I get bored some times......
Fuck Wiki Dude... Shadow specs = Bible imo...
Quote by Jduff
Fuck Wiki Dude... Shadow specs = Bible imo...

^
Quote by Shadowripper

From what I have read into though, the necro is a very team oriented class at least if you go by what the abilities entail. You seem to be a conduit for damage taking conditions from your allies onto your self. One thing that I do not like from what I have read is a lot of its utility abilities are double edge (you dmg yourself and "this" occurs)

You're spot on with everything you've said, things have not been changed too much for any class if you go find the leaked patch notes.

I really like being able to take conditions(what dots and negative effects are called) from my team and transferring them to myself. As a Necromancer I can then pass on all my conditions to nearby enemies, gaining some damage bonuses for doing so. If I don't pass them on, I can turn them into boons (Positive effects, the group buffs of the game) for myself and allies. That, and the few healing abilities the Necromancer gets makes me really excited to play it. Unless in upcoming changes they really fuck with the Necromancer, that's what I'll be playing.

Like Shadow, I've spent a lot of time reading everything I can find on the classes, etc. Here's a few links to get you going, Jduff.

Here's a Skills Tool/Trait Build tool.

Official Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Hmm... so every class can heal huh?

Thank for this Osh... will be very helpful.
Quote by Jduff
Hmm... so every class can heal huh?

Thank for this Osh... will be very helpful.

Right, every class can do some healing, others a little more, like the Elementalist in Water form has quite a few heals with the staff. The Guardian has more than most as well.
I am most likely going Elementalist. It looks very fun
Quote by Shadowripper

The elementalist seems to be just your basic demo lol. A lot of self saving abilities and stuff.

Figures this would be the one class mebear finds interesting... lol
Quote by Shadowripper
Quote by Shadowripper

Figures this would be the one class mebear finds interesting... lol

Which he'll play until somepne tells him something else is op, then he'll roll that, then get bored, play something else, etc.

--
Wait, like in Conan?
Quote by Osh
Wait, like in Conan?

YES! Exactly like Conan! The elementalist does look really cool though, the ability to change forms of all of the four basic "elements" is kind of what made me pick it. I also thought that the warrior with a hammer looked cool, but I liked the elementalist more.
I played a necro/elementalist and a Mes/Monk in the last one...

Not sure if I want to go Guardian or Mesmer this go around...
Both look really good. The mesmer looks like a really complicated class ( in positioning and micromanagement will be important.)From pvp videos I have seen though guardian is pretty beast for standing in one place and just not dying lol.

Its kinda insane lol. Might be really good for team pvp . Being able to hold off many enemies will your team regroups or captures another point.

Quote by Jduff

I was kinda sad when they said you won't be able to use 2 classes in GW2.

--
WARNING!: The preceding may have contained sarcasm, humor, and/or my views on the harsh realities of gaming!
Quote by Pank
Quote by Jduff

I was kinda sad when they said you won't be able to use 2 classes in GW2.

./agree... at least you can jump in this game tho...! lol

Quote by Shadowripper
Both look really good. The mesmer looks like a really complicated class ( in positioning and micromanagement will be important.)From pvp videos I have seen though guardian is pretty beast for standing in one place and just not dying lol.

Its kinda insane lol. Might be really good for team pvp . Being able to hold off many enemies will your team regroups or captures another point.

Yeah the Mesmer does seem to be a bit micro, but with only 8 skills I mean how hard could it be... its really all specing for situation I would think...

LOL healing soldiers ftw!

Quote by Shadowripper

lol 4 people couldn't take that one guy out.

--

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]

All contents Copyright by their respective owners.

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.